Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Reflection on Kindred

Understanding is more than just an Award
Image from captiostorybookwoods.typepad.com

Blog tenth is one of my favorites because I was able to pick one of my previous blogs that I feel proud of doing. This is a hard question to answer due to the amount of time, thoughts and knowledge I have dedicated to all of them. However, blog eighth “Domestic Violence Equals Modern Slavery” have been stocked in my head for quite a while and the things that I have learned from that blog are amazing. In this blog, I was able to deeply analyze how domestic violence can be the same term as modern slavery and how women are treated like animals even though we are in the twenty first century.

From the in class readings and quizzes of the story Kindred, I have learned about slavery in the United States during different periods of times. I have learned how people were treated back in that time, analyzed the relationship between slaves and masters and compared it with how people are treated nowadays, especially women. Another remarkable thing I have learned is how old masters molded their young white kids to be masters. The quiz on literary terms helped me to understand better the story I was reading. It helped me to analyze the story from different perspectives; identify the different characters in the story and understand the types of narrator from this story. The setting played an important role in this story, it was a little confusing and at the same time is exciting, but it kept me hooked and focused into what was going to happen next.

My blogs comments and feedback from my classmates have been helpful. By commenting on other blogs we are able to improve what we have done wrong and shape us as better writers.  Most of my classmates have done a good job because they were able to respond what we were asked for and provide good ideas. However, other classmates were only able to respond only part of the assignments and left it unfinished.




1 comment:

  1. I am glad you have learned so much from one text. I like the way you're working.

    Thanks for the thoughtful reflection! :-)

    ReplyDelete