Sunday, June 3, 2012

Self evalution and Reflection

Much Ado About Nothing
Image from themoviepool.com

Blog fourteenth is one of my favorites blog. Once again I have the chance to choose one of my previous blog and talk about what makes me feel proud of. I also can identify it with what I have learned from the readings in the class. The one I have chosen is blog thirteenth; I feel it was one of the hardest blog I have done in the entire class. The amount of time and dedication I put in this blog was tremendous. Trying to understand Shakespeare vocabulary in this play was one of my biggest challenges.
From the in class reading and quizzes of the play Much Ado About Nothing, I have learned about many things. One of them is the meaning of the literary terms comedy and tragedy in a play. It is interesting how Shakespeare integrated these two kind of literary terms in a single play. Watching the film version of the play made a big different for the class because it helped me have a better understanding of what the play was about and why they expressed themselves the way they did. It also taught me a littler history of how women were treated in those days. Some were treated as a goddess and other were treated as shrew.

I believe that the ending of this play was really interesting, is not usual to see a double happy ending in a play and the way Shakespeare made it happen it was really creative. He uses death in order to rebirth the characters' “true selves”.

1 comment: